When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is typically near the top of many people’s needs in San Antonio. A tankless water heater is a decent choice for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for usage, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which might save you a lot on energy costs. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use for later use, you won’t be paying for standby energy losses like you might with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continuous supply of hot water. They are compact in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to operate.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water comes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element is going to heat it. Then it goes to the tap, where you get hot water. One thing about tankless water heaters—specifically for bigger houses—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be large enough to accommodate several uses at once. One of our experts will help you determine what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their knowledge.
Some people prefer to install a separate tankless water heater that’s designated to a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, a lot of households in the San Antonio area do very well with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the perks of having one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifecycle of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifespan of a regular tank heater.
- Most tankless units have a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters rarely run out of hot water.
- You get higher energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient minus standby heat loss and only use the power they need to heat the amount of water needed at any period.
- Tankless models take up much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be mounted on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be added under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
With tankless water heaters, you eliminate the chance of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call San Antonio Air Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater installed in your San Antonio home. It’s a great energy-efficient addition for your home. We have quality tankless hot water heater choices, skill and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 210-570-9705
or request an appointment with us online.