What's causing my duct work to pop when the furnace starts or stops?
A popping noise is typical sign of an undersized duct design. This occurs when there’s greater airflow than your ductwork can handle.
Issues with your ductwork may cause other ventilation and air quality troubles, including:
- Excessive noise
- Greater energy consumption
- Early system failure
- Unbalanced heating and cooling
- Damaged AC compressor in the summer
- Overly warm furnace or heat pump in the winter
- Mold expansion inside ducts
Contact an Expert company in San Antonio, like San Antonio Air Service Experts, to look at your house’s ventilation system. We can offer advice for duct repair or installation.