Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s made by insufficient fuel combustion usually caused by a lack of oxygen. In your residence, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not running correctly or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as fireplaces that aren’t working right could also create carbon monoxide. CO is poisonous to the body and is lethal at heightened levels or with prolonged exposure.