Prevention is the most crucial place to start. Taking appropriate safety precautions will reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in San Antonio.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These items are safe when run properly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a pro. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Confirm gas appliances are working correctly, particularly your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by booking yearly furnace maintenance with San Antonio Air Service Experts.