Prevention is the most important place to start. Taking correct safety precautions will lower your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in San Antonio.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Heat up your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heaters. These items are safe when operated properly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a pro. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Confirm gas appliances are running correctly, particularly your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by booking yearly furnace maintenance with San Antonio Air Service Experts.