What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?
Prevention is the most crucial place to start. Taking appropriate safety precautions will reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in San Antonio.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These items are safe when run properly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a pro. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Confirm gas appliances are working correctly, particularly your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by booking yearly furnace maintenance with San Antonio Air Service Experts.