Your heating and cooling system is essential to a comfortable home and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take this functionality for granted until they have to do without them. If your AC has ever broken down on a scorching summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with last minute repairs, higher energy bills or home comfort problems. What if there was a way to ensure a constant source of clean, climate controlled air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should think about enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the guessing out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to schedule tune-ups with San Antonio Air Service Experts, but we highly endorse enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it's not hard to forget about scheduling furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unfamiliar with why HVAC maintenance is so important, take a look at these benefits:
- Reveal minor problems right away: Issues with your home comfort system often form gradually. When a technician inspects the internal components once a year, it’s possible to find and fix small problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of breakdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the likelihood of a sudden breakdown decreases.
- Lower repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected expense that eliminates the need for numerous major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that annual maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Encourage home comfort: When your HVAC system performs the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for even temperatures and more comfortable humidity throughout the house.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer than a neglected one, saving you on early replacement expenses.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety assessment during each visit grants peace of mind that your home comfort system is running like it's supposed to.
- Protect your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they require yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in upkeep now safeguards you from costly repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can usually anticipate same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC contract grants access to the fastest installs feasible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance lowers the need for repair work, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance plan provides a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are in some cases necessary, but they can get pricey fast. Luckily, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you unhappy, the technician will return to set things right.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
San Antonio Air Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan provides and work with our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before registering. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local San Antonio Air Service Experts office today.