When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water appears clear, it could still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people don't like the taste of contaminated tap water and recognize the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have healthy drinking water at home.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you might first opt for continuing the bottled water approach. Sadly, this gets costly soon. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and better for the environment than using so much bottled water. It will also supply healthier water more conveniently because you can get it directly from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, helping you to capitalize on the benefits anywhere you use water at home.
Before installing a whole-house water filtration system, learn about what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out hazardous contaminants. Then, choose San Antonio Air Service Experts to help you pick out and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality may differ by location, but some of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that lawful water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your faucets, supplying you and your family with safe, clean water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of debris in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and increases in the water main soon after heavy rainfall. While typically harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in dense cities. However, this disinfectant creates dangerous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. A few DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the goal of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being healthier for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more muddy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and cling to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that clean water doesn’t have to include steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s setup, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At San Antonio Air Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to decrease water hardness, clear out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, simple and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local San Antonio Air Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.