Is it Worth it to Get a New Air Conditioner and Furnace at the Same Time?
Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several aspects to think about, in addition to the pluses of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we advise replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can usually wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? Many homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to get the total comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. A new air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from San Antonio Air Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and provide the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you get new systems simultaneously.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t typically any big imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system goes out. You can skip the band-aid patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these perks:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your family more comfortable and reducing your annual heating and cooling expenses.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward an upgraded furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in during the same appointment. And you might even be authorized for a special deal as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust San Antonio Air Service Experts. We realize the price of replacing your entire system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 210-570-9705 to book an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.