Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in San Antonio, you could be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several factors to think over, plus the pluses of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we advise replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can usually delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? Many homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to get the complete comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. A new air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from San Antonio Air Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and provide the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you get new systems simultaneously.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any large imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system goes out. You can skip the band-aid patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll get these perks:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at the highest efficiency, making your family more comfortable and decreasing your annual utility bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward an upgraded furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in during the same appointment. And you might even be authorized for a discount as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust San Antonio Air Service Experts. We realize the expense of replacing your entire system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 210-570-9705 to book an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.