Building a new home? Upgrading your present equipment? Whatever the reason why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you could soon come to the conclusion that you have more options than you first thought. Read through this info to help you weigh four different solutions so you can choose the best air conditioner in San Antonio.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what most people bring to mind when they picture air conditioning for the whole home. Central air conditioning sends air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This could be great for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You want quiet, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps run just like central air conditioners. Some models can also offer heat in the winter.
This might be right for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You live in a climate with warmer weather during the winter.
- You want one piece of equipment for full-year heating and cooling, as opposed to a standard furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t use (or you don’t need) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for nearly silent, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet remains at an even 55 degrees during the year. A geothermal heat pump uses this continuous supply of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your house uses ductwork.
- You want a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your residence for the subterranean loops.
This is a second style of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an indoor blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t require any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This may be right for you if:
- Your home, or an immediate expansion to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling single rooms.
- You’re looking to install zoning in your home.
Not sure which style of air conditioner you should get? Depend on the Experts at San Antonio Air Service Experts for everything air conditioning! We can talk through your options and help you pick the best one for your family. Please contact us at 210-570-9705 to request an air conditioning replacement estimate now.