Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your AC unit quits out of the blue. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for a service technician to arrive. Talk about a nightmare!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this problem. But what are the signs that it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem to have a problem? Find out why taking a proactive strategy is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit easily producing cool air even on the hottest days.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC Experts strongly suggest servicing it no less than once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, avoiding potential problems and increasing its life span.
As for which month on the calendar is best to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal season. This makes it possible for you to identify and repair growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioning runs smoothly all season long.
However, if spring is already in the rearview mirror, and you weren't able to schedule AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to maximizing cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioning tune-up is a detailed process involving several steps. This is why DIY repair is not advisable. Here are some key parts of the work performed during a routine service appointment:
- Thorough inspection: The technician visually examines your air conditioner for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other hardware to ensure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to minimize friction and counter wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter increases air quality and helps the unit run more effectively. HVAC professionals recommend doing this yourself every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down appropriately.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many individuals wonder if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, regular air conditioner tune-ups help achieve better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit needs less energy to keep your home cool, leading to lower utility bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician methodically inspects your cooling system every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid expensive and inconvenient breakdowns during the hot months.
- Improved air quality: A clean cooling system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, consistent AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on untimely replacement bills.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should consider it an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, sudden repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To maximize your savings, think about enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to accommodate your needs and price range. You’ll get several advantages no matter which one you select, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans come with once-a-year AC tune-ups, ensuring your system continues to operate in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during high call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, and extra discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Plainly, regular AC maintenance is essential for increasing performance and delivering home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, if at all possible in the spring, to avoid breakdowns and enjoy numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with qualified Experts, complete maintenance plans and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Leave air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your home cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or set up your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.