There are a multitude of gases that could be within your San Antonio home. Natural gas and fumes that derive from household fixtures, carpeting and paints. Not one of these fumes are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.
Reach San Antonio Air Service Experts at 210-570-9705 today to begin defending your home against this dangerous gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Detrimental to Your Health?
Carbon monoxide may be an emergency, so it’s not a matter to mess around with.
1. You Can’t Smell It
Carbon monoxide is dangerous because you cannot view it, smell it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in low amounts and can’t be filtrated.
2. It Can Be Lethal in Just a Few Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a side effect of burnt fuel. It can creep into your home during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. While it depends on how large the leak is and the ventilation in a residence, the gas may become fatal in just a few minutes.
Once taken in, it has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are breathing fresh air, it requires five hours to get it out of your bloodstream. You will need an extra five hours to cut that amount by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mirror Other Illnesses
Carbon monoxide could also cause symptoms that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.
How to Protect Your Family from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no reason to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are several ways you can take to keep your family safe:
- Each house with at least one natural gas furnace, connected garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide detector. It’s necessary to have an alarm on each level of your house, in addition to the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of all bedrooms. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide detector in your house?
Call San Antonio Air Service Experts at 210-570-9705 to buy one. Ask our Experts about our affordable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
- If you already have a carbon monoxide system, regularly check or swap out the batteries. You should check batteries every 90 days, and replace the system every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide detector alerts you to danger, exit your residence without delay and call 911.
Protect Your Loved Ones with Support from San Antonio Air Service Experts
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the recommended actions your loved ones can be safe from the hazardous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Service Experts at 210-570-9705 to learn more.