It’s frigid outside. Most of the country is layering up for some icy temps. And while the Experts are always eager to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water faucets.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor bathrooms and sinks by outer walls can prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, now is the time to open them.
- If your furnace is not operational, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick test.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot cider. And, as always, San Antonio Air Service Experts is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.