There are a number of fun things to do in the fall, especially in San Antonio. But, there’s also that big list of must-do’s before the cold weather comes. Although the outdoor yard work and home improvements are undoubtedly at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor thing you should consider taking on early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment scheduled.
The pros at San Antonio Air Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be done at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the peak of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a great deal of benefits to getting it performed before the cold and crisp weather comes to San Antonio, too. Take a look at some of the top perks of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make certain that your furnace runs at its top efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating costs.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to get you through whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at San Antonio this year.
- Reduces the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to happen on a chilly winter day is have your furnace quit running, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to find potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to create heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are key to keeping your home safe through the cooler months.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to keep your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if larger problems occur down the road.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a number of additional perks, and getting furnace service done annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the winter and save you time later because you’re less likely to need extra service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like San Antonio Air Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in San Antonio, give us a call at 210-570-9705 or schedule an appointment with San Antonio Air Service Experts through our online scheduler.