Scheduling regular AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Service keeps your air conditioner equipment in San Antonio running at its best performance while keeping energy usage small. It also can even help lengthen its life span.
While there are several tasks you can complete by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at San Antonio Air Service Experts, for AC examinations and service.
Here are several steps you can take on your own as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Checkup Scheduled
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a big dose of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer weather right around the corner, it’s also a good idea to include AC maintenance on that list.
Spring is a great season to get your AC equipment cleaned and inspected. Waiting to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be risky. If you have to have service or a new unit, you might be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that may become extremely uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened air conditioning system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, AC maintenance could be required for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance Alone?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your AC equipment in the ultimate state:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and may lower your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you use, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is especially necessary if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a cat in your home.
- Lawn maintenance by the outside condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your equipment, because this might impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring San Antonio Air Service Experts at 210-570-9705, the primary thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then our Experts begin the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your system and make sure it’s running properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver reliable cooling.
- Lubrication to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid issues.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to get rid of any accumulation from dust and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your unit is switching on, operating and turning off like it should.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to confirm your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find issues that involve further service, we are prepared to offer you the most reasonable choice. Uncovering possible troubles early may solve more substantial problems in the future. This also offers you time to strategize if your unit is aging.
When you need a modern air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to select the best equipment for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment more affordable. Whatever your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Prepared to book your service? Contact us at 210-570-9705 or schedule an appointment online today.