Are AC Tune-Ups Worth It?
Scheduling yearly AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Service keeps your air conditioner equipment in San Antonio running at its top performance while keeping energy usage down. It also can even help prolong its life span.
While there are several tasks you can complete alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at San Antonio Air Service Experts, for AC checks and service.
Here are a couple steps you can take on your own as you get ready for cooling season.
Get Your AC Checkup Scheduled
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a large dose of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer weather right around the corner, it’s also a good idea to include AC upkeep on that list.
Spring is a great time of year to get your AC equipment cleaned and inspected. Waiting to turn it on until the first warm day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to schedule service or installation, you might be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that may become extremely uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a fresh cooling system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, AC maintenance could be mandatory for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Alone?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your air conditioner unit in the prime order:
- Replace your air filter suggests each month or two. This is especially necessary if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a cat in your home.
- Lawn upkeep by the outside condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your equipment, because this might limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring San Antonio Air Service Experts at 210-570-9705, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then our Experts begin the finer details. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s running properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver secure cooling.
- Lubrication to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid issues.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to get rid of any accumulation from dirt and grass.
- Checking controls to ensure your equipment is switching on, operating and turning off like it should.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to ensure your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find issues that involve further work, we are prepared to provide you the most reasonable choice. Finding likely issues early could solve more expensive problems in the future. This also offers you time to strategize if your unit is getting older.
When you need a modern air conditioner to help make your new equipment more affordable. Whatever your AC needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to request your service? Call us at 210-570-9705 or schedule an appointment online today.