Spring is nice for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can crack windows for fresh air and your energy bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not relying on your heat or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in San Antonio and keeping bills down.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and reduce costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy bills low.
If your air conditioning equipment has seen better days, spring is a good time to replace it. The energy-saving options in newer air conditioning systems is a definite plus in keeping your utility expenses down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on home comfort charges. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to effectively work your thermostat is the best way to reduce energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and indoor temperatures, the cheaper your energy cost will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Experiment with Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can take advantage of several other things to help keep your residence at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This disperses cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house more comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny spaces.
4. Consider Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and suddenly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and move the temp when you’re out and about to help you save money. You can also adjust the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy charges less expensive. If you conclude it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you figure out the right solution for your home. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.