Spring is enjoyable for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can crack windows for fresh air and your energy bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not using your heating or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in San Antonio and keeping costs down.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and lower costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy bills down.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is a good time to replace it. The energy-saving options in newer AC systems is a definite plus in keeping your utility expenses down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on home comfort charges. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Focusing on how to efficiently use your thermostat is the best way to lower energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and indoor temperatures, the smaller your energy expense will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Experiment with Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can try several other things to help keep your house at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which forces cool air upward. This disperses cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence more comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny spaces.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and suddenly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and move the temp when you’re out and about to help you save money. You can also adjust the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy charges less expensive. If you think it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 210-570-9705 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the best solution for your home. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.